After doing two days last September, my deadlines loomed & while I have not stopped being grateful, I’ve forgotten to share my happiness with the world! 🙂
I think that Christmas time is a great time to start up my Days of Gratefulness project again. So here goes:
1. As Super Typhoon Ruby (International name: Hagupit)whips through our country, I am grateful for any opportunity to help. It is a relief to see reports that it spared most of the Visayas (an area that was badly, terribly hit last year by Haiyan).
2. While we are on the subject of rain…In Metro Manila, rain makes it hard to get from one place to another — flooded streets, cabbies who won’t take you anywhere under the “traffic dun” category, etc, etc. That is why I am so happy that my office is less than 5km from my house.
3. When my supermarket goes on sale & I can buy a kilo of red onions for 5 pesos (those in the know will know what I am talking about! Hahahaha!).
4. Online shopping (see number 2 — rain + the holidays = horrible heavy traffic = laziness = online shopping)
5. The H & I made our first holiday decor purchase…a small Christmas tree. While we’ve been together for a while, it never really occurred to us to buy decor. Oh how a talkative toddler — who calls Santa, the Christmas tree, the lights “Christmas” — changes a household. Now she says: “Mom, let’s watch the Christmas” (meaning she wants to turn on the lights & watch them).