Five things to be thankful for for 7 days. Tag one person per day.
1. Today is my Tita Michi‘s birthday. I am thankful to have grown up with a wonderful tita — someone who’ll keep cooking despite our teasing (a.k.a. “The Pesteng Pasta”), who opened up my world with music, and who continues to be a source of laughter and strength for our whole family. Here are 4 other things about Tita Mich that I am thankful for:
2. Tita Mich taught me concert etiquette: don’t to clap between movements! Invaluable advice, I promise.
3. The certainty that I can always depend on my extended family for help.
4. We, here nieces, are included in her colorful and oh so interesting world — from outings, to lunches, to everything in between — she would let us tag along. This made an impact on young minds — that we counted as people, individuals.
5. That Gab has a “Lola Mimich” who loves to spend time with her & vice versa. I know that having someone I can trust to watch over Gab is a luxury, something not every parent is fortunate enough to have.