One wonderful thing I’ve been seeing on social media lately is the “7 Days of Gratefulness/Thankfulness” challenge. For one week, you’re supposed to list down 5 things you are grateful for.
I must say, people struggle so much to find things they’re happy about…but ask the same people what they hate about this country and you’ll get a really noisy thread. A reflection of the amount of negativity that swirls around us.
Here’s my list. 🙂
1. Tagging one of the top reasons I wake up with a smile each morning —Romano. My husband, best friend, labandero, ever willing assistant, my ultimate partner in crime; who, despite my strong (sometimes too strong) personality manages to steer our family well.
2. I am thankful for every opportunity I have to tell my family that I love them.
3. Coffee and all its iterations. Thank you chefs, baristas, food scientists, and everyone who appreciates epicurean delights.
4. I am grateful for the chance to be a mom.
5. My work makes me so happy. Everyday, I sit at my desk, knowing that every hour I spend at the office is a chance to be part of something bigger. I am grateful that I can say, unflinchingly, that my PR work serves the poor and the Philippines.