Having people over today. Posting as I cook. :p
Appetizer 1: Deviled egg with crab
Boiled eggs, crab sticks, chili powder, salt and mayonnaise
1. Boil eggs, cut in half and remove yellow part.
2. Cut crab sticks into small strips
3.Combine yellows, mayo, chili powder, salt and mayo in bowl. Pipe or spoon back into hollowed out whites.
4. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 mins to set.
Appetizer 2: Textured snack bowl – popcorn, wasabi potato chips & marshmallows
Um… Mix in bowl? 🙂
Main course: Liempo
1. 1 cup soy sauce per 1 kg of pork belly
2. 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
3. 2 tablespoons sugar
4. 1/2 tablespoons rock salt
5. 1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl to make marinade. Cover pork in marinade. Let it sit for at least 1 hour.
2. Put pork and marinade in a slow cooker or oven. Set slow cooker on high / set oven on 150 C. Let it cook for 1 hour.
3. After letting it cool, put pork on a hot griddle and brush on marinade to add glaze.
What are your vacation recipes? Share them in the comments section!